Jerk Sweet Potato Quesadillas w/ Mexican Salad
- Salad dressing:
- 2 TBsp lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 TBsp groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 lettuce , chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced in ¼-inch pieces**
- 1 medium Courgette, sliced
- 4 sliced Aromatico tomatoes
- 1 tin of Sweetcorn
- 1½ cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Jerk Sweet Potato :
- 3-4 Medium Sized Sweet Potato
- 4-6 Tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 6-8 Tortilla Wraps
- Red Leicester Cheese
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- Salad dressing. Mix lime juice, honey, cumin and garlic. Then miix in oils to combine. Set aside.
- Skin adn thinly slice the sweet potatoes and add to pan. Boil kettle and place over the sweet potatoes, fill half the pan. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Salad. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add dressing and stir to coat all ingredients.
- Cook sweet potatoe, now soft shouldnt take too long.
- Rinse the water before mashing the potato.
- Now mix in jerk seasoning, (Optional: chilli, 2 Tbsp coconut milk)
- Heat frying pan. Place tortilla down spread evenly jerk potato mix then top with red leisceter cheese.
- Cook both sides before serving.